Last week we brought up that it wasn’t too early to have your regular spring air conditioning maintenance scheduled. In fact, March is a great time to have this vital job done! It will give you plenty of preparation for the arrival of the summer weather so you can have any necessary repairs taken care of early. You’ll also be ready for whenever a sudden heat wave strikes.
If you’d like to know more about what happens when an air conditioning technician comes to your home for maintenance, we’ve listed some of the more important jobs below:
- Check on the condenser and evaporator coils: These coils are responsible for the absorption and release of heat in an air conditioner. If either coil is dirty, the technicians will remove and clean it.
- Check refrigerant pressure: The technician will see that the operating pressure is correct, and also if there’s enough refrigerant in the system. Loss of refrigerant indicates leaks that will need to be repaired.
- Thermostat recalibration: If the thermostat is sensing temperatures incorrectly by even a few degrees, the technician will correct it.
- Change or replace air filters: This is a job that you will need to do on your own during the rest of the summer, so ask your technician to show you how to do it properly.
- Check and tighten electrical connections
- Lubricate moving parts: If the AC motors have lost lubrication, the technicians will take care of it.
- Clean condensate and drain: This pan drains away excess moisture that drips from the condenser coil. It may need to be cleaned so that it drains properly.
- Check and clean the blower assembly
Once all these jobs are finished, you should have an air conditioner in prime condition for the summer. If the technician uncovers anything that requires scheduled repairs, they’ll help you arrange for the necessary work.
To sign up for an excellent maintenance program for your AC in Navarre Beach, FL, call on Kool Breeze of Northwest Florida, Inc. We’ve served homes in the area with great cooling since 1986.