Heating maintenance is a regular task that you need to have done once a year in order to ensure that your home’s heater will work for years with high energy efficiency and a low number of repair troubles. Keeping up with maintenance will also help prevent surprise breakdowns at times when you need your heating system the most.
Because Florida has mild winters and only a few truly cold days, it is too easy for homeowners to forget about regular annual heating maintenance. But this is a mistake, and it’s simple to have it corrected with just a call to Kool Breeze. When you sign up for air conditioning maintenance with us (a job that’s much easier to remember) you’ll also be signing up for heating maintenance as well. You’ll have both issues taken care of with one program. Contact us today and ask about our program for AC and heating maintenance in Pensacola Beach, FL.
Here’s what you can expect to occur during a heating maintenance session (depending on your specific heating system):
- Thermostat calibration check (all heating systems)
- Inspection of the evaporator and condenser coils in the indoor and outdoor unit, plus cleaning them if necessary (heat pumps)
- Check of safety precautions, such as the load limit switch (primarily furnaces)
- Clean or replace the air filter (all forced-air heaters)
- Look for water damage behind air handler units (ductless mini splits)
- Check on refrigerant pressure and refrigerant levels, with refrigerant added if the charge is low (heat pumps)
- Cleaning the blower assembly (all forced-air systems)
- Check and adjust electrical connections (all systems, including gas furnaces)
- Clean the heat exchanger and gas burner, check for gas flow to the burner (gas furnace)
- Check motor amperage and lubricate moving parts where necessary (all systems)
- Check airflow and temperature difference (all systems)
If at any point during the various checks and adjustments the technician comes across a malfunction or impending malfunction that will require repair work, he or she will notify you of it. You can decide when to schedule the necessary work, although it is best to have any repairs done as soon as possible. After all, one of the points of maintenance is to prepare the heater for any sudden cold shift in the weather.
Call up Kool Breeze and speak to one of our staff members about signing up for our air conditioning and heating maintenance program in Pensacola Beach, FL. Our program provides extra benefits, such as priority scheduling and discounts on non-warranty parts.